Friday, June 12, 2009

Kek Lok Si

How can anyone go Penang and don't visit the most famous temple in Malaysia???
Ding-ding-ding!!!
Kek Lok Si is what I'm talking about...
It's the biggest temple in Malaysia...
To bad the Kuan Yin statue is under maintenance...
We got there with the help of my new Ah Mat @ Penang(Ivy Cheah Zhi Jun)...
And her dad...
Her dad are really a true "Penang Lang"...
Ask him anything bout Penang and he'll explain it like the back of his palm...
Plus, he can drive up the steep Kek Lok Si temple without having to look at the road!!!
Kaev and I were sitting at the back seats as if we were sitting in a roller coaster...



The main prayer room...

The tower at the entrance...

The altar in the ground floor of the pagoda...

The altar in the inner chamber of the pagoda...
The rest are very common statues...

There's 4 similar pillars in the main room which are carved with dragons heading towards the ceilings...

The gate near the pagoda...

Keav(Musang) and I...

Ivy(My new schoolmate) and I

Buddhist symbol for The 8-Fold Path and 4-Noble Ways...

Bell tower...

Ivy...

No comments:

Post a Comment