Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Blood Donation #2

Okay, FIRST, please don't doubt my weight...
I'm HEAVY ENOUGH to donate blood!!!
I've like more or less 5 person reacting like "Wah! Ivan, you're heavy enough to donate blood!?" =..="... Hello!?!? I'm not as light as below 45kg lar... And I won't fly when the wind blows...

SECONDLY...
Donating blood DOESN'T DEPEND on your BMI!
I might be underweight but I still can donate blood lor... Just that I can donate 350 pin of blood only... Compared to some who can donate 450 pin, its a little bit less...

p.s: my weight is not an issue but please
don't be too exaggerated bout it...

Set that aside, its my 2nd time donating blood...
(My first was during NS at BHR) I'm glad that I'm able to donate blood this time. I've missed the past 2 campaigns due to falling sick and going back to my home town. Timing tadak bagus mar... It feels great when you realise that your little action (such as donating blood or just lend a helping hand) can mean a big deal to someone. After all, who knows that one day you'll be one that needs the help.

"Sometimes it is better to be the giver than receiver..."

Kev and Mun Hoong (yang SEXY) tagged along.
Mun Hoong is totally random (as usual). He walked together with us after Bio class and ended up joining us in the donation because he was too free. It was Kev's 4th time. Guess he'll reach 50 in no time. Its for the better anyways. The whole procedure takes less than 30 minutes but the waiting part stalled our precious time... Okay, its just my sleeping time but its precious!

Mun Hoong was suppose to be the first to donate.
The helper asked him to take the place but when he saw that there was a girl sitting beside the place (the chairs are set to be two chairs together), he said he was with us and wanna sit beside us. In fact, the girl is not pretty... Very typical of Mun Hoong... XD I sat beside him while Kev sat beside Mun Hoong's friend during the donation. Mun Hoong's blood pressure must be pretty good. He was done filling up his bag within 5 minutes. Maybe he's thinking something I'm not thinking... XD Kev was rather slow... It took him about the same time as me to fill up his bag.

We went to the hall (where the campaign was held) at 3.15pm and finished by 4.30pm.
There was a lucky draw after each donation... Mun Hoong and his friend got a goody bag with a key chain while Kev and I got a goody bag and a note book from Maxis (I think they sponsored the event, partially). We had a drink and bread before going back to hostel. I shut downed as soon as I changed my shirt...

No comments:

Post a Comment