Monday, October 12, 2009

Basketball~

After class, it was the time for BASKETBALL!!!
Oh, it started off like our(Kev, Wye Kik, Joel aka Maradona, Larry, Esther, Hao Deng aka Hot & Spicy and I) usual Monday basketball routine with Kev and I to be the first to reach the basketball court. We warmed up, everyone came one by one, we practiced a few shots and went on with a 2-on-2 game...

SUDDENLY....

While I was messaging Larry to ask where he is, Maradona tried to shoot a half court three pointer... I finally understand why his hand was adopted as "The Hand of God"... He shoot the ball all the way, 20 feet up into the air and the ball stuck firmly on the branches of a tree. It took us(I'm not really involved) about 20 minutes to finally get the ball out of the branches.

At first, it look so firm like a bird nest sitting between the branches. Maradona and Kev shook the lower branches of the tree vigorously but it ended up with hundreds of red ants dropping on them. Not long after that, they tried to use a wooden stick to hit the ball in attempt to make the ball drop. It wasn't a bad idea until Larry came to the rescue-He threw the stick up to the branches and we never see the stick again... =..="...

I went to the wreckage of the old stool at the side of the court and picked two pieces of hollow metal stick and hand it over to Kev and told him to hit the ball from below rather than directly. Then, Kev did so and the ball finally drop off the branches.

AMONG THE UNEXPECTED...

Erin and Siew Fang stop by and played a game with us.
Then, for the first time in TARC, I felt challenged in basketball. Not that I'm really good or anything like that. It was just that there was this guy(apparently, I don't know who he is) who join us for a game. Man, he was one of the cockiest guy I've ever seen in TARC basketball court!!! I played 100% in that match but we didn't finish the game as it begin to rain... The score was 14-13 at that time with us trailing one point down. But overall, I enjoyed the game. Kev has improved a lot, Maradona is the new found talent, and my serious defense haven't oxidised yet. XD

For everything we do, there's a consequence. For playing 100%, my whole body is aching and my legs are sore. But, hey, that's how we can generate improvement!

I still gotta do my Chemistry tutorials... Urgh... >.<#...

No comments:

Post a Comment