Saturday, November 7, 2009

Sad...

Just now my friend called me and told me that his grandmother passed away.
For a moment, I did not know what to say to him... It is true that everyone will die one day regardless by sickness, accident, or simply because of old age. But it is inevitable that when faced with death of someone close, we will feel despair as if our heart is punctured with a spear of sadness...

When I got the call from him, I have a hunch that it is bound to be something to do with his grandmother. It was just 3 days ago when he told me about his grandmother's condition that keep revolving from critical to stable and back to critical then so on... From his expression, I know that he is worried sick of her. That was during Test 3. Can't imagine how much pressure he's dealing with...

He reminded me of my own grandmother.
I was just 1 year old when she pass away. I can't really feel anything back then since I'm just 1, all I do is eat, sleep, past motion, pee, bath, cry whenever I want...

From what i heard from my mother, grandma was a great person.
She had a nice personality, handles her children efficiently and fairly, household chores are within her profession and her affection was overwhelming... I wished that I could have spend much more time with her and know her better. When I was I kid, I used to think that she's around me. Its creepy but true. After all, she passed away right after feeding me and my cousin. She just fall to the ground and was gone...

I think my grandma was not in much pain when she pass away though.
In other words, she passed away peacefully. No grudge, no fear, no disappointment, no tears and nothing to regret. But for my friend's grandmother, I think she had enough of the pain in her. Perhaps, it might have been a solution for her. She must have been very sad to be a burden to her family.

However, I do feel the sadness that resides in my friend.
I have not feel such grieve yet in my life. It must be very hard for him. Even so, he most probably can overcome the emotional breakdown soon. I didn't know how to cheer him up. But at least I share my condolence and help him handle his test papers for the time being...

No comments:

Post a Comment