Saturday, November 7, 2009

AND1 25-10-2009

I'm finally back to blogging after two weeks!
Well, I had an important exam...
So, don't blame me, blame the ones who set the exam date...

Okay...

This post should have been posted like 13 days ago...
But I was busy studying mar~
Good student what to do? x)

Back to the main story(tengah SS already)...

It was on 25th October 2009,
I went for the AND1 3-3 Street Ball Challenge with two of my friends.
Kevin Lee and Kenny Lim... Both of them are in SPUS... Kev and I were there since 8a.m. Kev didn't even sleep the night before while I slept for 3 hours only. By the time we reach there, it was already crowded with many people!

It was really fun to be in such large scale competition.
Especially when there's so many foreigners... But they made me feel so short... >.<
There were this slamming performance from an American, an Aussie shooter and 3 local free-stylists... They are real cool except the American guy... He's thin and tall but can't really jump high... He got was blasted by a few Negros... Most of them can slam better them him...

The outcome of the competition was better than what I've expected!
The original plan was join the competition, go play for fun, lose the first match, get the jerseys and the ball then ciao... We waited for more than 3 hours before our match starts because the Under 14 was to start first. We were lucky enough to get a feeder team in the first match. We won 2-0. Then, we waited for another 4 hours for the next match and lost 6-2. We lost on shooting seriously... The rim was so elastic and the board is not much wider than my file. How to lay up???

In the end of the day, Kev got an AND1 T-shirt for answering a quiz,
Kenny gets to show off his slams(the rim was lower than the normal rims),
And I got nothing more than just satisfaction and the fun of joining the competition.
I think we'll do better next year because we never play with each other that often...

Our team, K2I...
Kenny at the left, Kev at the right...(I know I'm short...)

No comments:

Post a Comment